Commanding and altering summons
Most commands (except /reunite) take a TARGET parameter, allowing to select which creature to actually command or alter. It can be either:
- familiar (or fam)
- pet (or companion, or comp, or animal, or animalcompanion)
- summon (or sum)
You can use /reunite to teleport all your creatures (summon, familiar and animal companion) next to you. It is useful when they are stuck somewhere else.
You can use /comwalk TARGET, then clicks somewhere to make your creature walk to that point. You may need to issue a "Hold your ground" command to your creature before this command can work.
You can use /comrun TARGET, then clicks somewhere to make your creature walk to that point. You may need to issue a "Hold your ground" command to your creature before this command can work.
You can use /speak TARGET SENTENCE or /sp TARGET SENTENCE to make the chose creature speak the specified sentence.
You can use /name TARGET NEWNAME to temporary change the name of your creature.
You can use /desc TARGET NEWDESC to temporary change the description of your creature.
You can use /app TARGET APPID to temporary change the appearance of your creature. Here is the list of appearances. It will not alter the power of the creature, just how it looks.
By using /summons humanoid, the spells Summon Monster 1 to 9 will summon an humanoid NPC to serve you:
- Summon Monster 1 : Halfling Fighter (level 3 fighter, melee)
- Summon Monster 2 : Halfling Slinger (level 4 ranger, female, ranged)
- Summon Monster 3 : Halfling Footpad (level 7 rogue, melee)
- Summon Monster 4 : Elven Fighter (level 8 fighter, melee)
- Summon Monster 5 : Elven Archer (level 10 ranger, female, ranged)
- Summon Monster 6 ; Dwarf Fighter (level 14 barbarian, melee)
- Summon Monster 7 : Elven Thief (level 15 rogue, melee)
- Summon Monster 8 : Half-Orc Crossbowman (level 12 fighter/4 rogue, ranged)
- Summon Monster 9 : Human Archmage (level 15 wizard/PDK 5, magic)
You can get the regular summons by using /summons regular.
You can select the nature of the elemental summoned by Summon Monster 7, Summon Monster 8 and Summon Monster 9:
- /elemental earth
- /elemental air
- /elemental fire
- /elemental water
You can also let fate decide by using /elemental random.
Note: humanoid summons need to be disabled to get an elemental.
You can select the nature of the planar being summoned by Lesser Planar Binding, Planar Binding, Planar Ally, Greater Planar Binding and Gate by selecting an alignement:
- /planar good
- /planar neutral
- /planar evil
With /planar default, your own alignment is used, like in the vanilla game.
Here are the creatures summoned by the spell depending on alignement:
|Lesser Planar Binding||Lantern Archon||Red Slaad||Imp|
|Planar Binding / Planar Ally||Hound Archon||Green Slaad||Succubus|
|Greater Planar Binding||Celestial Avenger||Death Slaad||Vrock|
|Gate||Celestial Avenger*||Death Slaad*||Balor**|
* : The creature has more HP than the one summoned by Greater Planar Binding.
** : The Balor will be hostile if the caster is not protected from evil at the time of casting.
In vanilla NWN, the nature of creatures summoned by undead summons depend on caster level. On Adalee, you can set your own caster level for the purpose of undead summoning to get more choice. The actual level used will be the one you have set with /undead LEVEL, if LEVEL is lesser or equal to your own caster level, otherwise your caster level will be used instead. With /undead 0, real caster level will be used for the undead summoning like in vanilla.
For references, here are the creatures summoned by the spells with the corresponding spell levels:
- Animate Dead (wizard, cleric, pale master): Tyrangfog Zombie (1-5), Skeletal Warrior (6-9), Skeletal Chieftain (10+)
- Create Undead (wizard, cleric): Ghoul (1-11), Ghast (12-13), Wight (14-15), Spectre (16+)
- Create Greater Undead (cleric): Vampire (1-15), Doom Knight (16-17), Lich (18-19), Greater Mummy (20+)
- Summon Undead (pale master): Ghoul (1-5), Shadow (6), Ghast (7), Wight (8), Wraith (9+)
- Summon Greater Undead (pale master): Mummy warrior (1-9), Spectre (10-11), Vampire Rogue (12-13), Greater Bodak (14-15), Ghoul King (16-17), Vampire Mage (18-19), Sketeleton Blackguard (20)