We do not like when players feel forced to learn a new game for each and every NWN server they visit. Adalee is therefore mostly vanilla when it comes to NWN mechanics, and classes, spells and abilities are unchanged, unless we felt they were broken to start with.
Rangers have been improved to look like the 3.5E implementation of rangers. Here are the changes:
- 6 skill points per level (instead of 4)
- 8 HP per level (instead of 10)
- No medium Armor proficiency
- Dual-Weild acquired at level 2 (instead of 1)
- Point Blank Shot at level 2 (to mimic 3.5E ranger combat style)
- Animal Companion at level 4 (instead of 6)
- Improved Two-Weapon Fighting at level 6 (instead of 9)
- Rapid Shot at level 6
- Woodland Stride at level 7
- Evasion at level 9
- Hide in Plain Sight at level 17
Bards have been improved to look like the 3.5E implementation of bards. Here are the changes:
- 6 skill points per level (instead of 4)
- No spellcasting failure from wearing armor
- Shadow Daze can be used 3 times per day.
- Shadow Evade's duration now increases with Shadowdancer levels. It is 5 rounds at level 4 (like in vanilla), 1 turn at level 5, 2 turns at level 6, 3 turns at level 7, and so on, until it reaches 16 turns at level 20.
- Shadow Jump is new ability gained at level 4 with the command /jump. It allows them to instantly jump to somewhere else in sight. The cooldown between each jump reduces as the Shadowdancers gain more levels.
Paladin (and related classes) Improvements
- Divine Shield and Divine Might now last 1 turn (2 turns for cleric/paladin level 10-20 or blackguard level 10, 3 turns for cleric/paladin level 21-24 or blackguard level 11-19, 4 turns for cleric/paladin level 25-29 or blackguard level 20, 5 turns for cleric/paladin level 30). You will also receive a message when the spell ends, so you will know when to cast it again.
- Smite Evil and Smite Good can now be used three times per day. The feat Extra Smiting now adds six more uses (for a total of nine) to either smite.
- The Summon Paladin Mount ability now summons a celestial instead to mimic the abilities of the Blackguard. You will get a Lantern Archon for levels 5-8, a Hound Archon for levels 9–14, and a Celestial Avenger for levels 15+. (Greater) Spell Focus Conjuration gives the summons more hit points.
Harpers Scout Spell Progression
Harper Scouts will, at every level, gain new spell splots for both divine and arcane classes to increase the usefulness of that prestige class.
Winged Dragon Disciples, as well as all winged shapes (druids shapes, shapeshifter shapes, or MPC with wings) are able to fly once per 30 seconds with the command /fly.
Wizards and Sorcerers of level 17 or higher are able to float in the air on demand with /float. It does not prevent them to fight with a (also floating) weapon, nor cast spells.
Maul are two-handed hammers, doing 2d6 damage on hit with a x3 critical threat multiplier. It uses the warhammer proficiency when it comes to weapon feats.
Light picks are small weapons, doing 1d4 of piercing damage with a x4 critical threat multiplier. They are finessable and use the handaxe proficiency when it comes to weapon feats. You can mine the ore veins with those.
Heavy picks are medium weapons, doing 1d6 of piercing damage with a x4 critical threat multiplier. They use the battleaxe proficiency when it comes to weapon feats. You can mine the ore veins with those.
Customize your appearance
You can customize your own appareance (body) or your cloth/armor appearance for free. There is much more armor appearance than in the vanilla game.
Enhanced Magical crafting
You can craft wands, brew potions and scribe scrolls with any spell up to 9th level. It will not cost any XP (as per 3.5E rule) and the wands will be fully charged.
Summons will be improved (more hit points) if you take Spell Focus, Greater Spell Focus and Epic Spell Focus in Conjuration (for most summons), Necromancy (for undeads) or Illusion (for shadows).
You can select which elemental type you get (with Summon Monster 7-9) by setting the element with /elemental.
You can select which planar summon you get (with Lesser Planar Binding, Planar Binding, Planar Ally, Greater Planar Binding, Gate) by setting the alignment with /planar.
You can select which undead you get (with Animate Dead, Create Undead, Create Greater Undead, Summon Undead) by setting the level with /undead.
You can also get humanoid summons (some melee, some ranged, some wizardd) instead of animal or elemental summons (with Summon Monster 1-9) by using /summons.
The Time Stop spells does not halt the entire server; only the creatures in a large circle around the caster will be frozen in time. They can be harmed. The caster will get a hint when the spell is about to expire. Casting a new Time Stop while the previous one has not yet expired is considered messing with time and will attract a Time Elemental to punish the offender.